emonkey-announce

[Emonkey-announce] trashy

From: Viola Newton
Subject: [Emonkey-announce] trashy
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:31:30 -0700

I hate to say this, but "you gotta think like a teen". so I'm enjoying a little blogging vacation.
Business users like more interactive travel aids, maps, remote access to data, etc. Louis, where the weather was absolutely wonderful and a good time was had by all.
I remember reading about this on Wired.
At the corporate level, mashups are already being blended into hosted SaaS offerings and new code exchanged within open developer communities.
At the corporate level, mashups are already being blended into hosted SaaS offerings and new code exchanged within open developer communities.
Keep an eye out for more mobile applications geared towards Windows Mobile and Symbian platforms.
Also, most offices have a proxy server to allow shared Internet access to its users, which may also have a stored copy of the web page. So, they mashed up the FCC information with Google Maps, and provided a completely new service from the pairing. In fact, the PSP is quite a useful computer in its own right, well beyond playing games. Botnets and phishing are featured prominently, as intruders are becoming more interested in the money angle than just seeing if they can cause some mischief. Be that as it may, it's a useful evolutionary step to augment word processing with online collaboration.
Not a bad first step for a company perceived as mainly a consumer web service provider. They got their man through a sting operation, though, and I'm glad to hear it given the details of the identity thefts and other crimes perpetrated. Both markets are leaning more toward multitasking devices with better security. PalmSource relies on external developers to come up with the cool multimedia tools, not a good sign.
I see their services having more immediate appeal to small to mid-sized companies. That makes it a more meaningful, and ultimately more useful, service.
Try to get anyone to define them, and you hear a lot of generalities.
iPod users have known for quite some time that they can be used as portable storage for computer files, just like a thumb drive.
They're also nicely categorized for quick skimming. It might just affect your next mobile gadget choice.