emms-help

Re: Error from substring-of-symlink in emms-source-file-directory-tree-i

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: Error from substring-of-symlink in emms-source-file-directory-tree-internal
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 11:41:51 +0500

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 11:32:01 +0500
Mike Kazantsev <address@hidden> wrote:

> One way to fix it can be to use:
>
>   (substring symlink 0
>     (min (string-width dir) (string-width symlink)))
>
> But them what if it's a symlink to "music-dir-something-something" and
> such (min ...) will cut it to "music-dir", resulting in t for
> string-equal check, while symlink does not actually refer to same dir?
>
> So this fix doesn't look right.
>
> And I'm not entirely sure I'm understanding the problem correctly in
> the first place, as it looks like there was a bug anyway, given that
> any width can be longer than other, yet string was cut using only one
> of them.

At the risk of biasing any potential info/solution some more, feel like
proper (tm) way to check for any kind of loops would be getting
(file-truename ...) for both paths and then checking if one is subdir
of another.

But it doesn't look like (file-truename ...) uses realpath(3) under the
hood, so not entirely sure if it works same as libc's realpath() and
can be used here.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net