emacsweblogs

Re: [Emacsweblogs] Seems to be badly broken?

From: Mark A. Hershberger
Subject: Re: [Emacsweblogs] Seems to be badly broken?
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 10:42:55 -0400

On 07/01/2013 02:31 AM, Chris Hall wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Today I installed, via ELPA, weblogger.el into my Emacs 23.2.1 running
> on Debian Sneezy.  Trying to use with the most current version of
> WordPress, 3.5.2 (I think).
>
> First 'customize-group' won't even save user or password, since they
> saved as strings (get message 'symbol x value is void').  If I put
> quotes in customization field, then they work.
I'm using Emacs24 from Debian, weblogger 1.4.4 (no idea what ELPA has)
and an up-to-date version of WordPress.

I leave the password fields blank so I can put them in my encrypted
~/.authinfo.gpg file (which Emacs can decrypt).
> Second, weblogger.el utterly fails to figure out what kind of blog I
> have (why can't I simply *tell* it "WordPress"?).

It shouldn't need to know that you have a WordPress blog.  RSD support
needs to be implemented, but it shouldn't need to know what *kind* of
blog you have.
> Then, weblogger gets stuck in some sort of recursion: after 190+
> attempts, elisp's max-lisp-eval-depth gets exceeded.
>
> And they are calls to "blogger" API, not wp API. (Tried running with
> xml-rpc-debug = 10, that how I know this and that it opens 190+ buffers.)
It would be good to get some of your debugging information.  What does
the first debug buffer contain?  (Please remember to remove your
password if you send it.)

--
http://hexmode.com/

Love alone reveals the true shape of the universe.
     -- "Everywhere Present", Stephen Freeman