emacsconf-org

Organizer meeting in late May?

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Organizer meeting in late May?
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 10:17:07 -0500

Greetings fellow Emacsconf Champions!

I think it's getting to be about time for us to ramp up the planning
cycle for this year's conference.  Speaking with Leo in IRC a few
minutes ago, we are both of a mind to plan for a get-together in the
latter part of May.

I'm specifically proposing May 21st, at 4pm GMT (10a US/East).

Traditionally our meetings have been on the EmacsConf BBB instance and
have taken place Saturdays at 4pm GMT (10a US/East, 8a US/West).  Last
year we tried to meet each week however toward the end of the planning
cycle I think we reached a consensus to reduce the frequency of our
gatherings, hence we haven't yet resumed regular planning sessions
since the 2021 conference.

We have usually aimed to keep organizer meetings to between 1 and two
hours but it's not uncommon that sessions have stretched to over two
hours.  RSVP is helpful but not at all required and also it's
understood that people may need to join late or leave early.  We
typically record the sessions (via BBB) and last year Leo also kept
running notes across our sessions, which you can find in the private
wiki.

Organizer meetings, especially sessions such as this will be: well in
advance of the conference, are informal and focus on sharing
ideas/goals for the conference, and provide an opportunity for the
organizer team to get to know each and "check-in" with each other, and
share hopes and priorities for upcoming the upcoming conference and
other EmacsConf related projects.

In any event, I'm writing today to suggest and provide advance notice
of a plan to meet on May 21st and to invite/start related discussions.
For example, does anyone have strong feelings regarding (further)
changes we should consider in our approach toward pre-conference
organizer sessions?

Hope everyone is safe and well.   Looking forward to our next get-together!

Kind regards,
Corwin