emacsconf-org

[ANN] EmacsConf 2021 public meeting

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: [ANN] EmacsConf 2021 public meeting
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 01:58:26 -0400

Greetings, fellow Emacsians!

Come help us make the next EmacsConf even better!  We'd like to announce
an online meeting to prepare for the next conference.  The first meeting
will be on Saturday, July 3, 2021 at 10am EDT (equivalently: 7am PDT,
2pm UTC, or 4pm CET), and other meetings may be scheduled as needed.

During the meeting, we will give a quick overview of lessons learned,
timelines, ideas/plans, and things we need help with in terms of:

- diversity and outreach;
- accessibility;
- technology and infrastructure;
- scheduling, including themes and tracks (e.g. talks by/for beginners,
  music, multimedia, Org, GTD, gaming, system administration, etc); and
- feedback and/or discussion around other aspects of the conference.

The meeting will be held on the BigBlueButton instance graciously hosted
by Fosshost for us, at:

        https://bbb.emacsverse.org/b/ban-7vp-bw0-hdq

Using BigBlueButton requires running JavaScript, though the JavaScript
code is free/libre software.  If you are unable or unwilling to join the
BigBlueButton call, we also plan on live streaming the meeting (details
to be announced later and added on live.emacsconf.org), and we'll try to
keep an eye on our IRC channel #emacsconf on the Libera.Chat network if
you'd like to participate via IRC.

If you can't make it to the meeting, we would still like to hear from
you and receive your valuable feedback.  You can share your thoughts
with us about the above topics and/or other related matters by sending
an email to one of the following addresses of your choosing, where
EmacsConf organizers are subscribed and will receive your feedback: