emacs-wiki-discuss

[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Some issues with the "Quick Start'

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Some issues with the "Quick Start'
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:05:36 +0800

Guy Bencteux <address@hidden> writes:

> I am a new user of planner.el, and I began to follow the quick start page :
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/PlannerModeQuickStart

Welcome to planner! =)

> So I charged the files : emacs-wiki.el and planner.el, from
> http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/emacs/planner.el

Please try the files at
http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/emacs/emacs-wiki . You can also get
it from http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/emacs/emacs-wiki-dev.tar.gz
.

>  * when I start emacs, I don't get the most recent day page with unfinished
> task, I just have the present day, even if all tasks are finished and some
> are not in the days before

By default, (plan) just checks the most recent day's tasks.
You can use

(plan t)

to make it scan all the days for unfinished tasks, or

(plan 3)

to make it scan the last three days.

>  * when I create a task, defining the date with "+3" puts it on the third of
> the current month and not three days later as I expected

Hmmm. Could you please tell me what

M-: (planner-expand-name "+3")

prints out?

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun