emacs-tangents

Re: Time to dial back the dialectic? [was: Re: Privileges and practicali

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Time to dial back the dialectic? [was: Re: Privileges and practicalities]
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 16:53:04 -0400

  > I'd wager the hundred or so guys who identify most with GNU

I often get mail from people who do support the free software
movement.  Those are the people who really "get it."

The people you're talking about do exist, but they evidently don't
support the free software movement.  We are not trying to cater to
them.  On the contrary, on the philosophical level we compete with
them.

  > I presume NonGNU Elpa was your idea, and it was the right one.

I have a feeling that you've probably misunderstood the purpose
of NonGNU ELPA, but since you have not given specifics, I can't
really tell.