emacs-tangents

Re: Help building Pen.el (GPT for emacs)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Help building Pen.el (GPT for emacs)
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 19:44:30 +0300

> Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 19:16:34 +0300
> From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
> Cc: mullikine@gmail.com, stefan@marxist.se, emacs-tangents@gnu.org,
>   rms@gnu.org
>
> > > For example when there is recommendation of proprietary software I
> > > will say that GNU project does not endorse such.
>
> > Please consider adding "AFAIK" or somesuch, otherwise this sounds like
> > you are speaking for the project.
>
> Thanks, but no, all opinions are private.

Again, yours don't sound private, and many people will become confused
at best.

> You have said your opinion though you did not mention not even one
> legal reference to the questions about licensing compliance that I
> have mentioned. So I keep it as your differing opinion though without
> references to legalities I do not find it relevant.

This is a public list.  It is important for me to state my differing
opinions so that people could make up their own minds.

> You seem to personally chase me that I stop asking questions?

No.  I'm trying to correct the wrong impression your postings could
have made on people reading them.

> It does not really seem welcoming, it seems like I did something bad
> to you and you are pushing with force to stop me asking such simple
> banal question.

I said exactly what I think was wrong with your postings.  I wish you
would change the style and wording when you speak on these issues, but
I have no real control on what you will do.

> You please make it easy, as I am asking logical question, don't call
> me radical as that has negative connotations.

I explained in detail why I said that.  I'm sorry to conclude that you
disregard that.