emacs-tangents

Re: 2021-05-03 Emacs news

From: Ramesh Nedunchezian
Subject: Re: 2021-05-03 Emacs news
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 11:16:42 +0530

Now the Helm documents are available in info format.  The texi2html
pages are available on Helm's official website.

    https://emacs-helm.github.io/helm/doc/index.html

The documentation is in Org format and TexInfo manuals are created
using ox-texinfo.el, so learning texinfo shouldn't be a barrier to
improving the current documentation.

I would be very happy if you could _give prominence_ to the
availability of official Helm manuals and put out a call for new
contributors to helping improve the existing documentation.

A popular project like Helm deserve better documentation.

I was exploring Helm and I found that the documentation could be
improved.  So I took some time to revamp the existing Helm documents,
and add additional information to it.  I have done much of the heavy
lifting needed to produce the info documents.  In the process, I have
knocked out 4-5 bugs in the ox-texinfo.el.

I hope to return to improving the helm docs.  In the meanwhile I hope
others could move it forward.

Thanks in advance.