emacs-tangents

New EmacsWiki theme

From: Brian Burns
Subject: New EmacsWiki theme
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 15:30:50 -0600

The EmacsWiki has had its current theme for a couple of years now - Alex was open to the idea of a new default theme, so I tried making one that combined different elements of the existing alternate themes, starting from the Cali+ theme - http://i.imgur.com/NCjDpe3.png - we've been testing it out for a few weeks now.

The idea was just to make something that new users might find appealing, as veteran users can use any theme they like (though it took me a couple of years to realize you could do that!).

I wanted to open it to more feedback, so any comments or ideas are welcome - the project page is here - https://github.com/bburns/emacswiki-light-theme - you can file issues at https://github.com/bburns/emacswiki-light-theme/issues, or send pull requests. One remaining feature is to make the site more responsive to smaller screen sizes, so I'll work on that this week.

The logo is just a temporary placeholder - just wanted to add some color to the page. If someone has some logo design skills and wants to try making one, that would be great! Same for the title look also.

You can try it out by clicking on this link - http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs?action="">. To go back to the default theme click http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs?action="">, or try one of the others at http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CSS/.

There's also a gallery of the other existing themes here - http://imgur.com/a/czk9D.

And also posted this to reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/40u8fx/new_emacswiki_theme/

Thanks,
Brian