Link between org-publish project options and org-export-options-alist

From: Sébastien Gendre
Subject: Link between org-publish project options and org-export-options-alist
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2024 16:22:22 +0200

Hello,

I (continue to) develop a custom preamble function. And I try to found
if there is a link between options set in an org-publish project and
options set in variable `org-export-options-alist.

For my function, I have defined one new export option in the variable
`org-export-options-alist`:

    (add-to-list 'org-export-options-alist
                 '(:html-doc-name-template "HTML_DOC_NAME_TEMPLATE"
my/org-html-doc-name-template nil))

This options have a default value defined in variable
`my/org-html-doc-name-template`:

    (setq my/org-html-doc-name-template "<div class=\"doc_name\">
        <a aria-label=\"Documentation name\" href=\"/\">
        </a>

But, when I use org-publish and try to retrieve option
":html-doc-name-template" from my
custom preamble function like this:

    …
    (plist-get info :html-doc-name-template)
    …

If I do not define the options `:html-doc-name-temple` in my publish
project options, I get the value `nil` and not the value of the variable
`my/org-html-doc-name-template`.

Are the options of org-publish independent of options defined in
`org-export-options-alist` ?

Best regards

-------
Gendre Sébastien