Re: Examples of online documentation written with Org-mode

From: Phil Estival
Subject: Re: Examples of online documentation written with Org-mode
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2024 12:18:48 +0200

* [2024-08-11 18:39] Ihor Radchenko:
Phil <pe@7d.nz> writes:

(https://gitlab.com/7dnz/org-weblog) lands in this
category, with an emphasize on a — very verbose I admit — but strict
literate programming. It's a 99KB file, with tests, attempts,
explanations, explorations, etc.
The page documentation is produced as blog post by evaluating
directly from the code and documentation being redacted.

It doesn't use the tangle processor but evaluates one section
after the other. This is how I learned Lisp. It may stay as a
beginner's work forever but I don't mind, it works, and I like it.

While reading it, I did not immediately figure out what that thing is
for and how to use it.

Hi. An other reader interested in the topic got it right.
https://gitlab.com/7dnz/org-weblog/-/issues/1
We had a few words by email last year. CCing him.

For now, it looks more like a personal config file; not like a project
to be used by others.

Was your intent really to write that ?
Because you well know a personal config file is something else.

> There is even no license.

Everybody is free to ask, preferably nicely, if someone else is
willing to license or re-license code. This is an open source community
after all and source is open indeed.

https://one.tonyaldon.com/docs/getting-started/ (one.el) project appears
to have a similar spirit. You may get an inspiration from there.

Saw the presentation at the last Emacs conf'.
The common ground is a static site generator for Emacs+org
but the spirit is different.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for inspiration and I already wrote
and discussed requirements and specifications for such a project.
As I said /supra/ I don't mind letting it the current state.

> I recommend going through the process of publishing package via
> ELPA/non-GNU ELPA. It will give you a chance to improve the code,
> docs, and polish the package in general.

Have I some energy and motivation left, I would do so. But Since I'm
not trying to shine among the community — and I'm not saying it's a bad
thing, I prefer to share raw materials for learning purposes rather
than go through one more standard procedure in the era of total
bureaucracy. I was just demonstrating what, IMHO, works smooth for
online documentation.

Phil