[BUG] org-persist-write-all is slow because of use of pp [9.8-pre (relea

From: Visuwesh
Subject: [BUG] org-persist-write-all is slow because of use of pp [9.8-pre (release_9.7.8-713-g62cbac @ /home/viz/lib/emacs/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2024 10:40:25 +0530

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

I am using the async LaTeX preview branch and org-persist-write-all
takes a lot of time to finish executing due to the use of pp when saving
the index file.  Changing org-persist-write:index to not pass a non-nil
PP argument to org-persist--write-elisp-file changes the execution time
of org-persist-write-all from 62 secs to just 8 secs.  For reference,

    (length org-persist--index) ;; ⇒ 1504

I have attached the profiler report for org-persist--index of much
smaller length but if required I can reproduce a report for the full one
too.

Please let me know if more information is required from my side.  Thank
you.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
version 1.18.0, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2024-08-10
Package: Org mode version 9.8-pre (release_9.7.8-713-g62cbac @
/home/viz/lib/emacs/straight/build/org/)