[FEATURE] On line-numbers inside Org Babel Source Blocks.

From: divya
Subject: [FEATURE] On line-numbers inside Org Babel Source Blocks.
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2024 13:59:16 +0000

Hello, Org Mode!

I've been using Org Mode for literate programming purposes, and would like to
have line-numbers within `src` blocks. I am able to export the Org buffer and
get the line-numbers, but I am unable to do the same with regards to just in
Org buffers. I am aware of `org-edit-special`, but I would rather appreciate if
I can just look at a piece of code and know how long it is. I believe a header
argument can be useful in toggling this.

Since the source blocks can already implement syntax highlighting, font and
other means of interacting with displaying Babel source blocks, theoretically
this shouldn't be that difficult to implement? I'd be glad to help implementing
this feature, if I can be slightly guided on where to refer to look for in the
codebase.

Regards,

Divya Ranjan