Re: Adding text/org MIME type to jshttp/mime-db

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Adding text/org MIME type to jshttp/mime-db
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2024 17:35:44 +0700

On 05/08/2024 10:19, Joseph Turner wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:
- My impression is that multiple types may have the same suffix, so
   there should be "get all media types for given suffix" method.
- It should be possible to specify priorities within the same source.
[...]
However, on the topic of Org mode support in Agregore, I am not sure
that the ability to specify a different preference or even a "get all
media types for given suffix" function would help.

My idea is that this method pushes developers toward more flexible design in respect to specifying priorities of records. With its presence it is more probable that users of the DB will be prepared to cases when 2 step mappings media type -> suffix -> media type and suffix -> media type -> suffix give values that are different from the original ones.

For now, perhaps we can override the MIME type map in the extension:

https://github.com/AgregoreWeb/extension-agregore-renderer/issues/8#issuecomment-2267958828

I have added a comment. The issue may be Content-Type header sent by server (or other side of p2p connection).