Re: multipage html output

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: multipage html output
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2024 19:02:49 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 23. Juli 2024 um 16:20:39 Uhr (+0000) schrieb Ihor Radchenko:
> Orm Finnendahl <orm.finnendahl@selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de> writes:
>
> >> `org-export--collect-headline-numbering' is evaluated unconditionally,
> >> regardless of num:t or num:nil settings.
> >
> > Are you sure? org-export--collect-headline-numbering has this in its
> > body:
> >
> > (org-element-map data 'headline
> >       (lambda (headline)
> >         (when (and (org-export-numbered-headline-p headline options)
> >        (not (org-element-property :footnote-section-p headline)))
> >            ...)))
> >
> > If num:nil headline numbers don't get collected, or am I missing
> > something?
>
> You are right.
> However, changing `org-export-numbered-headline-p' to use :multipage is
> not the right approach to achieve what you need.
>
> If you think that multipage export should use a different set of
> options, we need to implement it differently.

Is that a semantic problem so we need to implement an option like
:always-collect-headline-numbering instead of :multipage in
org-export-numbered-headline-p? If on the other hand we define a
replacement of org-export--collect-headline-numbering, we also have to
do so for all functions up the stack, like org-export--annotate-info
and org-export--collect-tree-properties. Or what did you have in mind?

--
Orm