Re: Property: How to define allowed values at file level

From: Phil
Subject: Re: Property: How to define allowed values at file level
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2024 06:34:50 +0200

Hello Sébastien,

Remove the two dots after Review_all and everything will be fine.

#+PROPERTY: Review_ALL ⭐ ⭐⭐ ⭐⭐⭐ ⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Best,

Phil

* [2024-07-15 03:18] Sébastien Gendre:
Hello,

After reading the manual about property syntax[1], I want to set the
allowed values for a property at the file level.

So, at the beginning of my buffer, I have written this:

     #+PROPERTY:     Review_ALL: ⭐ ⭐⭐ ⭐⭐⭐ ⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

But when I try to set the property of an heading, with keyboard shortcut
C-c C-x p, and select the property "Review": I can set any value.

Didn't the minibuffer should offer me only the values above, with completion ?

Did I misunderstand the manual ? Is it not possible to set allowed
values at a file level ?

[1] https://orgmode.org/manual/Property-Syntax.html

Best regards

-------