Re: org-babel-execute-src-block filters characters from :session *shell*

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: org-babel-execute-src-block filters characters from :session *shell* output
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2024 18:36:59 +0700

On 18/06/2024 00:57, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:

Some shells support "semantic shell" that allows terminal applications
e.g. to copy whole command output. It is based on escape sequences.
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/Per_Bothner/specifications/blob/master/proposals/semantic-prompts.md

I am looking at this gitlab link, and they way it is implemented is
simply setting PROMPT in a way that adds these escape sequences to the
original PROMPT value.

It does a bit more. There are escape sequences to mark user input, program output, and to report program exit status. I had in mind support of this protocol in comint, so Org babel session make take advantage of it if the feature is available for a specific interpreter.