Re: [BUG] org-lint: Spurious warning by 'suspicious-language-in-src-bloc

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-lint: Spurious warning by 'suspicious-language-in-src-block [9.7.2 (release_N/A-N/A-88dd2c @ /home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.7.2/)]
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2024 20:25:56 +0000

Suhail Singh <suhailsingh247@gmail.com> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> This would work, but it modifies the checker list destructively.
>
> Yes, as does org-lint-add-checker.  In the same vein,
> org-lint-remove-checker is intended to be able to undo the "effect" of
> one or more org-lint-add-checker invocations.

Indeed. But I wanted to nudge you to do a bit better :)

>> What about introducing some kind of selector variable instead?
>
> That could also work; there is more than one way to achieve the end.
> However, I am not convinced that it's the "better" approach.  It's
> altering an existing API for, what I deem to be, little value.

A new custom variable is not altering the existing API, it is extending
it. The extension is also not entirely out of nowhere - `org-lint'
already accepts a list of checkers as an argument.

Further, the distant goal is to implement integration of org-lint into
flycheck/flymake. And we do need user-level config for which checkers
should be enabled for "full" org-lint check and for "quick" check on the
fly then.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,