Re: Preserving non breaking spaces in HTML export (maybe other?)

From: Étienne Deparis
Subject: Re: Preserving non breaking spaces in HTML export (maybe other?)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 11:14:16 +0000

mar. 27 juin 2023 à 12:54, yantar92@posteo.net a écrit :

I cannot reproduce.

Oh, very sorry, actually it effectively leaves the spaces as this in the output file. I was confused by Firefox, who makes the replacement 🙁 (interpret non-breaking spaces UTF-8 char as breaking, and replace them
by regular space when copy/pasting text…).

Thus it means this is not an org mode issue, but more like a publication
process issue, and then…

- spaces to be replaced by their HTML entity (either   or
   )

You can achieve it using space entities.

I’m not sure to understand your proposal: directly write   into my
org document?

Actually I think I found the solution directly in the documentation¹
🤦. I’ve no idea how I skip it during my first search.

¹ https://orgmode.org/org.html#Filters-1

I’m sorry for the pollution on the list.

Étienne