Re: [BUG] org-babel-tangle: Header arg `:comments org' produces no comme

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-babel-tangle: Header arg `:comments org' produces no comment in the output [9.7-pre (release_9.6.6-418-g294a4d @ /home/nick/src/emacs/org/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 23:19:02 -0400

> Nick Dokos <ndokos@redhat.com> writes:
>
>> Here's an ECM:
>> I narrowed it down to this snippet of code in
>> `org-babel-tangle-single-block':
>> and bisecting fingered this commit:
>> Apparently, `org-back-to-heading' sets match data differently now:
>> `(match-end 0)' gets the end of the line,
>> Before the patch, it got the beginning of the line.
>
> Thanks for the report and for the detailed analysis!
> Fixed, on bugfix.
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=79ec91584

Thanks!

A couple of nits: maybe the comment that `org-back-to-heading' sets match
data should be deleted?  And there is a typo in the initial comment of
the test you added (thanks for adding it!): `:commends org' should be
`:comments org'.

Also, I found a couple of places in the code where `org-back-to-heading' is
called
and then match data are used. I don't know if there is a problem or not, but it
might
be worth double checking to make sure that the usage makes sense:

- org.el: l.20792 in `org-forward-heading-same-level'
- org-mouse.el: l.976 in `org-mouse-transform-to-outline'

I'll try to test these cases and report back but I can't promise when.
--
Nick