Re: [BUG] org-fold-core--fix-folded-region slows down typing [9.6.6 (rel

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-fold-core--fix-folded-region slows down typing [9.6.6 (release_9.6.6 @ /home/viz/lib/ports/emacs/lisp/org/)]
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2023 15:02:16 +0000

Visuwesh <visuweshm@gmail.com> writes:

> In a largeish buffer, org-fold-core--fix-folded-region significantly
> slows down typing to a point where I have to wait a few milliseconds to
> see the characters typed.  With emacs -Q, the slow down isn't as bad as
> with my full configuration but it is still noticeable.  Setting
> `org-fold-core--ignore-modifications' to t makes the lag go away.

Well. This can happen when you have a huge number of text properties in
your buffer. It is caused by details of how Emacs stores and searches
text properties.

You can try to set `org-fold-core-style' to overlays. Or you can try to
disable flyspell. Or you can try to disable org-num that adds up to text
properties.

Canceled.
Not much can be done on Org side.

--