Re: Where does headline data end for the purpose of `org-adapt-indentati

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Where does headline data end for the purpose of `org-adapt-indentation´ == ´headline-data
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2023 11:17:38 +0000

Farblos <akfkqu.9df7rp@vodafonemail.de> writes:

> I like the idea of org-adapt-indentation being ´headline-data:
>
>    When this variable is set to ‘headline-data’, Org only adapts the
>    indentation of the data lines right below the headline, such as
>    planning/clock lines and property/logbook drawers.
>
> However, I find the resulting indentation behavior confusing.  Before
> reporting bugs, I'd like to know where the headline data ends.  I'd
> expect that the first blank (or whitespace-only?) line after a headline
> would end the headline data.

    (defun org--at-headline-data-p (&optional beg element)
      "Return non-nil when `point' or BEG is inside headline metadata.

    Metadata is planning line, properties drawer, logbook drawer right
    after property drawer, or clock log line immediately following
    properties drawer/planning line/ heading.

Hope it clarifies things.

Note that we had some bugs in this area in older Org versions.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,