Re: [BUG] Agenda not sorting by priority THEN todo state (todo state ign

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Agenda not sorting by priority THEN todo state (todo state ignored) [9.6.1 (9.6.1-??-fe92a3c @ /Users/polofsson/.emacs.d/.local/straight/build-28.2/org/)]
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2023 09:47:14 +0000

> it is all ok with me, but not everybody has personal test cases for
> sorting sequence, and soembvody might get bitten by a subtle change
> like this which pop up every once in a while.

What you are describing is https://xkcd.com/1172/
We have no obligation to preserve backwards compatibility for people
relying on bugs.

Since the documentation previously told users that
priority-up/priority-down sort by priority, we have no obligation to
care about the fact that Org did not behave as described.

We just need to preserve the default agenda behaviour described in the
manual, which my patch does.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,