Re: [RFC] ox-icalendar: Unscheduled tasks & repeating tasks

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [RFC] ox-icalendar: Unscheduled tasks & repeating tasks
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 13:07:39 +0000

Jack Kamm <jackkamm@gmail.com> writes:

> However you are right that other parts of the iCalendar export have
> inconsistent line endings. Currently, VEVENT and VTODO components have
> the correct CRLF endings, but the other parts of the VCALENDAR do not
> (such as the preamble).
>
> I like your suggestion in the above thread to just wrap the whole
> export in `org-icalendar-fold-string'.  Though I think it's slightly
> nicer to do it in `org-icalendar--vcalendar' instead of
> `org-icalendar-template'.
>
> So, I've attached a standalone patch to do this. It also fixes an issue
> with `org-icalendar-fold-string' where the last newline was missing
> "\r", and adds a unit test.

Thanks!
Note that I did not implement my suggestion because I am concerned if
putting CRLF is safe as every single line ending.

I am looking at
https://icalendar.org/iCalendar-RFC-5545/3-6-2-to-do-component.html, and
I note that only BEGIN:VTODO and END:VTODO lines must actually have
CRLF. For example,
https://icalendar.org/iCalendar-RFC-5545/3-3-11-text.html has no
mentions of CRLF, but does talk about escaping staff.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,