Re: [Q] How to italicize without introducing a space?

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: [Q] How to italicize without introducing a space?
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 08:06:39 +0200

Hello,

Ruijie Yu via "General discussions about Org-mode." <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>

…
> Are there any other solutions than what I have currently?

You could try using a ZERO WIDTH SPACE around the expression, like this:

任何一个章节可以通过增加例如 =TODO= 或者 =HOLD= 等关键词来被设置成​/待办/​

You can insert it with M-x insert-char RET ZERO WIDTH SPACE

I’m not sure how well it works with the different export backends,
though. For LaTeX you may need to define the right way to export it with

#+latex_header: \DeclareUnicodeCharacter{200B}{\allowbreak }

(if you want to allow linebreaks here, otherwise a better fitting LaTeX
command that does not look like a space)

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein