Re: [Pre-PATCH] Overhaul of the LaTeX preview system

From: Tony Zorman
Subject: Re: [Pre-PATCH] Overhaul of the LaTeX preview system
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 16:29:01 +0100

Hi,

> After months of work, Karthink and I have prepared a rather large
> patch-set completely overhauling the LaTeX preview system. I hope to
> have a patch set shortly, but in the mean time it would be good to get
> some more people testing this.

thank you for this!  I've been testing it (from purely a user
perspective) for about a week, and I haven't run into any significant
problems so far.

One nice-to-have thing that I would personally like to see is a
`preview-auto-reveal`-like feature from AUCTeX's preview.el: one can
very precisely control when preview.el unprettifies a rendered LaTeX
fragment.  This is very convenient when, for example, going through a
rendered document by pressing C-n or <down>, as unprettifying in this
case is (at least in my case) a mistake more often than not.

Thanks!
  Tony

--
Tony Zorman | https://tony-zorman.com/