Re: [bug] org-columns-edit-value will capitalize property

From: Sławomir Grochowski
Subject: Re: [bug] org-columns-edit-value will capitalize property
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 08:42:18 +0200

My apologies, I've made a mistake. There is not such a bug. Everythings works correctly.

On Wed, 22 Mar 2023 at 13:18, Sławomir Grochowski <slawomir.grochowski@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok. I will try to send my first patch.
Desired behavior is: by using command 'org-columns-edit-value' do not change 'property' name, just its value.

On Wed, 22 Mar 2023 at 12:52, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
Sławomir Grochowski <slawomir.grochowski@gmail.com> writes:

> After updating the value of property using command 'org-columns-edit-value'
> it will capitalize the property name.
>
> As I understand, "Org is standardized on lower case"
> https://list.orgmode.org/87tuuw3n15.fsf@nicolasgoaziou.fr/.
>
> Is this a bug?

This is for historical reasons.
Org supports (and will support) both, and we are slowly converting to
lower case.

Patches welcome to change org-columns-edit-value.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,