Re: org mode table alignment issue with CJK characters

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Re: org mode table alignment issue with CJK characters
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 18:27:53 +0000

On 3/25/23 18:55, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Zelphir Kaltstahl <zelphirkaltstahl@posteo.de> writes:

My settings for org mode regarding fonts/faces are:
It may be tricky to get the scaling right sometimes.
I use the following:

;; Credit for the suggestion about `face-font-rescale-alist': @viz:okash.it
(Matrix)
(push `("Sarasa Mono hc" . ,(/ 16.0 13.0)) face-font-rescale-alist)

An example table I created is aligned perfectly.

Ahhh, thank you! That did it!

I saw some font scaling stuff suggested for other fonts, but thought, that it was not necessary for Sarasa.

Just in case I want to use other fonts at some point: How did you (or anyone else) derive the 16/13 number? Is there a general way, other than "try numbers and see what fits"?

--
repositories: https://notabug.org/ZelphirKaltstahl