Re: Use timestamp instead of time-stamp uniformly in Org (was: How to up

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Use timestamp instead of time-stamp uniformly in Org (was: How to update a timestamp?)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 11:52:06 +0000

Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr writes:

> Ihor Radchenko writes on Mon 13 Mar 2023 11:29:
>
>  > Would you be interested to create a patch?
>
> I wish I could, but it is beyond my ability: I am not an (e)lisp
> programmer.

It is not too hard. Just a question of sprinkling defalias and
defvaralias near the functions with "time-stamp" in name.
lisp/org.el has plenty of examples.

Then, doc/org-manual.org is just an Org file where you can add extra
#+findex: entries with "timestamp" function name references.

We have the details about creating patches in
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html#first-patch

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,