special blocks extras

From: Michael Welle
Subject: special blocks extras
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 09:02:44 +0100

Hi,

I wanted to play with special blocks and started by installing the
package org-special-block-extras and defining a new block:

(org-defblock hmwfoo nil (reps 3)
  "Ahoj"
  (message "ahoj: %s" contents)
  (org-parse (s-repeat reps contents)))

For the tests I started with exporting to html.

A link like [[hmwfoo:][oink]] seems to work, I see three concatenated
oinks.

A block like

#+begin_hmwfoo
oink
#+end_hmwfoo

exports to only one single oink. According to my understanding both, the
link and the block, should be equivalent?

Well, then I activated the special block extras minor mode before
exporting and things got strange. The link still seems to work, but the
block results in an html page rendered like this:

#+end_export oink

oink

oink

#+begin_export html

Three oinks, but lots of line breaks and the export markers are part of
the rendered page. Hm, that's not what I expected ;). Do I use it the
wrong way or is there a bug hidden somewhere?

All the best
hmw