Have export treat file: paths in INCLUDED file relative to the INCLUDING

From: gnuric
Subject: Have export treat file: paths in INCLUDED file relative to the INCLUDING file's dir
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 01:52:38 +0000

Hello,

I have a file s.org in ./ (current directory), which includes
another file s0.org living under ./media/s/:

./s.org:

#+TITLE: s
#+INCLUDE: "./media/s/s0.org"

./media/s/s0.org:

* s0
** s01
   file:media/s01_image.png

I want the org export to html to treat the file: paths in
./media/s/s0.org with respect to the directory of the ./s.org
file. In other words, I want export NOT TO TOUCH the file: paths
as written included files and effectively just paste the text of
s0.org verbatim in s.org (basically similar to what #include
directive in C preprocessor would do, e.g.). As of now, the above
s.org exports to s.html which has the file: link converted to

file:///home/user/media/s/media/s01_image.png

I want that link to instead become

file:///home/user/media/s01_image.png

which used to be the default behavior in a previous version of Org
mode (I don't recall which one). Is there a flag that could be
passed to #+INCLUDE: to change the 'relativeness' of the link
treatment when it comes to #+INCLUDE: directives?

I see in ox.el,

(defun org-export-expand-include-keyword (&optional included dir
footnotes)
  "Expand every include keyword in buffer.
Optional argument INCLUDED is a list of included file names along
with their line restriction, when appropriate.  It is used to
avoid infinite recursion.  Optional argument DIR is the current
working directory.  It is used to properly resolve relative
paths.  Optional argument FOOTNOTES is a hash-table used for
storing and resolving footnotes.  It is created automatically."

Is this DIR what's needed (to be given to #+INCLUDE: with a flag)
to change the link translation behavior?

Org mode version 9.4.4 (release_9.4.4)
GNU Emacs 27.2

Thanks,
Omid