Re: Org-mode notes about school lessons

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: Org-mode notes about school lessons
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 18:37:29 -1000

I'll make only a small comment here.  I've used Emacs/Org for classes
that I take at University of Hawai`i (they have a wonderful program to
allow us old people to attend class for free).  I do one directory per
class and one org-mode file per class inside that directory, where
attachments (papers, research, class materials etc.) also go.  In math
classes since homework is done in LaTeX, I have one LaTeX file per
assignment.  (I could do this in the org-mode file itself with LaTeX
export, but I find it easier to use separate homework files.  Or maybe
I am too lazy to set up LaTeX properly in the org-mode file, which
would be best to do.)

To-do, deadlines, etc., stay in the org-mode file which gets
incorporated into my agenda.

Although managing multiple attachment files is necessary I find that
the closer I can get to one file per project (whether a class, a
novel, an analysis, etc.) the more efficient I can be.

Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i