Re: Unicode problem with export of literal contents

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Unicode problem with export of literal contents
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 18:22:17 +0000

Jens Lechtenboerger <lechten@wi.uni-muenster.de> writes:

> I was afraid you would say so.  To me, this is a breaking change.

It is not a breaking change. It is Org's change revealing issues with
your files. If you need to edit or act upon that part of the file, you
could see the same problem.

> Also, when I call secure-hash on the literal buffer-string, no
> problem arises.

Org is calling secure-hash on buffer. Calling on buffer-string would
require unnecessary memory allocation to create the string.

> It is not obvious that Org tries to write something here and why
> that fails now

Org is not trying to write something. In you example, Org is just trying
to calculate buffer string hash - nothing wrong on Org side. "Something
wrong with encoding" way my guess. If you think that your case should be
perfectly fine, I recommend asking Emacs devs by filing a bug report to
them.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,