Re: Cannot expand macros through included org file

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Cannot expand macros through included org file
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 13:02:28 +0000

reza <reza@housseini.me> writes:

>> It works, but Org does not include variable assignments to exported code
>> by default. See org-babel-exp-code-template. The assignment would be
>> done if you execute the blocks though.
>
> So I have to set this variable to true?

Check out the docstring.
<F1> v org-babel-exp-code-template <RET>

>> Yet another approach is including common :var year=2009 header arg.
>
> what do you mean by common? I want to have a report for the years
> 2019-2022 for example.

report_2019.org:

#+TITLE: Report 2019
#+property: header-args :var year=2019

#+INCLUDE: "template.org" :lines "2-"

template.org:

#+TITLE: Report

* My headline

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :exports both :results value :eval yes
year
#+end_src

#+BEGIN_SRC bash
./get_log_file --start=$year-01-01 --end=$year-12-31
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC python
log = pd.read_csv(f"log_{year}.csv")
#+END_SRC