Re: Unicode problem with export of literal contents

From: Bruno Barbier
Subject: Re: Unicode problem with export of literal contents
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 06:51:35 +0100

Hi Jens,

Jens Lechtenboerger <lechten@wi.uni-muenster.de> writes:

> Note that I insert contents literally because I do not want
> ‘find-file-hook’, automatic uncompression, etc. (which are avoided
> according to the doc string of insert-file-contents-literally).
>
> Could the old behavior be restored?

By using `insert-file-contents-literally' (as opposed to
`insert-file-contents'), you're also forbidding Emacs to decode the
binary content of your file into text.

My guess is that it was working by chance in previous versions.

In case somebody might help you, here is a simple way to trigger the
encoding question with a recent version of org (mine is Org mode version 9.6.1).

   (with-temp-buffer
      (insert "Lechtenb\303\266rger")
      (org-mode))

Bruno