Re: Bug: org-latex-export-to-pdf does not remove .tex file [9.4 (9.4-elp

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Bug: org-latex-export-to-pdf does not remove .tex file [9.4 (9.4-elpa @ /home/bruno/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4/)]
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 23:51:49 +0300

* Bruno BEAUFILS <bruno@boulgour.com> [2023-02-15 21:52]:
> When using the org-latex-export-to-pdf on any foo.org file I get the
> foo.pdf file produced the right way but I also get the foo.tex file.
>
> I think that the whole point of exporting to pdf is only to get the pdf
> file, avoiding the need to keep the latex one.
>
> I guess that one of org-latex-compile or org-latex-export-to-pdf
> function should remove the source LaTeX file if the compile went well.

Good idea!

That will avoid clutter.

I can see that problem solved with simple function. One can use
different and temporary directory for that file, generate PDF, and
once there is no error message by `latex' command, and PDF is there,
that PDF can be moved to original directory.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman