Re: Not all reftex commands within latex block generate appropriate mess

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: Not all reftex commands within latex block generate appropriate message
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 12:30:14 +0000

On Wednesday, 15 Feb 2023 at 13:15, Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr wrote:
> did I understand what I presume is the reason:
>
>    reftex-access-scan-info: RefTeX works only in buffers visiting a file

I think this is indeed likely to be the reason.

Similar issues arise with, for instance, ledger in that some of the
capabilities of ledger-mode assume that there is a file behind the
buffer.  Not sure there is any solution to this other than tangling your
code to a file and visiting that file.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.1-250-ge6353d in Emacs 30.0.50