Re: [BUG] shell sessions started outside of Babel broken

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: [BUG] shell sessions started outside of Babel broken
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 22:19:05 -0800

Matt <matt@excalamus.com> writes:

> Can you please elaborate?
>
> The following does what I expect it to:

Sorry -- I'm unable to reproduce the problem I was having before. Very
confused...anyways, thanks for looking into it.

In particular, ob-shell works with M-x shell sessions for me again now,
though I do experience some mangling of the results.

In particular here's the output I get now for:

0. emacs -Q -L ~/src/org-mode/lisp
1. M-x shell
2. Call `org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c' on the following block in a separate Org buffer:

#+begin_src sh :session *shell*
  echo hello world!
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
| hello            | world! |
|                  |        |
| org_babel_sh_eoe |        |

So, ob-shell mostly works, but the result is a bit mangled with the
eoe token leaking through. This might not be a new bug, my memory is
that ob-shell sessions has long had problems with leaky results.

I am using zsh with following emacs and Org versions:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(emacs-version)
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
: GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version
1.17.6, Xaw3d scroll bars)
:  of 2023-01-20

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(org-version nil t)