How is org-enforce-todo-dependencies supposed to work?

From: Robert Nikander
Subject: How is org-enforce-todo-dependencies supposed to work?
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 13:01:11 -0500

Hi,

I’m trying to use todo dependencies.  I created the following tree, and set the
variable to `t` by evaluating the setq expression. But nothing changes. I can
use S-<RIGHT> to cycle the TODO state of “Test Project" (none - TODO - DONE)
even though the children items are not DONE. Is that expected?

** TODO Test Project
:PROPERTIES:
:ORDERED: t
:END:
Test org-enforce-todo-dependencies. (setq org-enforce-todo-dependencies t)
*** DONE One
*** TODO Two
*** TODO Three

thanks,