Re: [FR] Allow emojis in tags (was: emojis in tags?)

From: Robert Nikander
Subject: Re: [FR] Allow emojis in tags (was: emojis in tags?)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 08:48:36 -0500

> On Feb 10, 2023, at 6:23 AM, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
>
> Robert Nikander <robert.nikander@icloud.com> writes:
>
>> […]
>
> It is not hard to do, but I am not sure about consequences of such a
> change in Org syntax.
>
> I see no obvious downsides though.

I noticed that other potentially useful symbols do not work. For example, a
string with an arrow symbol (a→b) does not parse as a tag.

I’d vote for also enabling things like the arrows, math symbols, and
pictographs.

I sometimes don’t like how Emojis alter the line height, because to me it
doesn’t look as nice when lines have different height. But if that can’t be
controlled, and people don’t like it, then they are free to simply not use
emojis.

Rob