Re: [BUG] list.orgmode.org managed to parse a message in future: 2023-10

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [BUG] list.orgmode.org managed to parse a message in future: 2023-10-29 [9.6.1 (release_9.6.1-223-gc8d20d @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 21:57:27 +0300

* Greg Minshall <minshall@umich.edu> [2023-02-05 21:43]:
> so, i wouldn't blame mail services for accepting mail with odd dates.
> but, i would question MUAs (like mh-e, mutt, etc., i guess) that allow
> one to send e-mail with odd dates.  (i mean, i guess if the person
> stands on their head and swears up and down that they mean to do it,

`mutt' is program that receives date from system date. Nothing wrong
with it alone.

You cannot blame computer program for doing what is
instructed. Programs know the time we gave to them.

A server for mailing list is much more important program than single
MUA.

Mailing list solves communication of many people.

Such computer is always online and can easily synchronize time with
Internet servers.

In my opinion central computer that manages mailing lists should
recogniz if time of users is far in future and handle it
appropriately.

Maybe re-writing time with explanation in e-mail header would be more
appropriate.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns