[BUG] org-publish does not obey org-footnote-section [9.6.1 ( @ /home/co

From: contrapunctus
Subject: [BUG] org-publish does not obey org-footnote-section [9.6.1 ( @ /home/contrapunctus/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.6.1/)]
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2023 10:24:51 +0530

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

I have org-footnote-section set to nil in my init.el.

If I export through the HTML or Tufte backends, my footnotes are not exported
in a different section. However, with org-publish-project and with
org-publish-project-alist having a value like -

(("project" :base-directory "/foo/bar/"
            :publishing-directory "/foo/bar/"
            :recursive t
            :publishing-function org-html-publish-to-tufte-html))

...a section called Footnotes is created.

I have also tried setting org-footnote-section to nil in a .dir-locals.el, in
the Org file itself as #+OPTION: org-footnote-section:nil, and as a property in
org-publish-project-alist (:org-footnote-section nil)

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.36,
cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2023-01-18, modified by Debian
Package: Org mode version 9.6.1 ( @
/home/contrapunctus/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.6.1/)