[BUG] hang in org-element-cache-map triggered by org-icalendar-export-to

From: Hanno Perrey
Subject: [BUG] hang in org-element-cache-map triggered by org-icalendar-export-to-ics
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 21:10:05 +0100

Dear all,

I have noticed a problem in =org-element-cache-map= that can be
triggered under specific circumstances through
=org-icalendar-export-to-ics= where the execution of the latter would
simply hang apparently indefinitely. This happens if

- =org-icalendar-store-UID= set to ='t=

- =org-icalendar-use-scheduled= set to = '(event-if-not-todo))=

- the buffer is narrowed to a tree with multiple sub-headings, each with
  a scheduled time

If =org-element-use-cache= is set to =nil= then the export succeeds
almost instantly.

I attach an org file with detailed steps for reproducing this on the
latest =main= using =make repro= on Emacs 28.1.90. I am a little stuck
debugging this further as I am not at all familiar with the inner
workings of Org's element cache. Any help or suggestions would be much
appreciated as I am using just this particular configuration quite
frequently when capturing new events and importing them into my calendar.

Thanks and cheers,

Hanno

--
Hanno Perrey