Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)

From: Bruno Barbier
Subject: Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 19:15:10 +0100

Bruno Barbier <brubar.cs@gmail.com> writes:

> Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com> writes:

>> If Message-ID still can be decoded from cb_thinderlink URIs than it
>> should be possible adapt orco to handle such links as well.

I'm using plain Message-IDs to identify my emails, and, when choosing an
email client, that's really the first feature that I'm checking.

In Thunderbird, in the cb_thunderlink config (v 1.6.0), I'm using a link format
that is compatible with the old thunderlink extension:

     [[email:$msgid$][$author_name$: $subject$ ($date_iso$)]]

To open a message whose "Message-ID" is 'message-id', org just
requests my operating system to open a link like:

     (concat "thunderlink://messageid=" message-id)

It looks like thunderbird allows to search for Message-ID (see
headerMessageId):

https://webextension-api.thunderbird.net/en/stable/messages.html#messages-query

and there is no warning about using it. I'm guessing that cb_thunderlink
is using this.

Hope this may help,

Bruno