Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 09:41:36 +0300

* Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com> [2023-01-26 19:21]:
> On 25/01/2023 00:49, Jean Louis wrote:
> > When goto-mode works with mid: by me setting up browse-url-handlers,
> > then I have expected Org to work as well.
>
> Do you mean `goto-address-mode'? Have you had a look into its
> implementation?

I have already previously mentioned about it.

In my opinion, features such as opening specific function on URI
scheme shall be unified in Emacs.

Org should now hard code new way of opening URL schemes, but use Emacs
settings.

And I am aware that it is late for such decision, historical decision
was individual based, when Org was not part of Emacs, and it will
break compatibility but then you could introduce option for people to
start changing slowly and integrating better with whole system.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman