Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 15:18:49 +0300

* AW <alexander.willand@t-online.de> [2023-01-26 13:00]:
> This is about a maildirs of kmail on my local machine. The E-Mails are being
> indexed by akonadi on the side of kde-pim. But referring to a certain E-Mail
> from orgmode with a kind of link fails, because I'd need to got to the
> maildir
> and search for the specific E-Mail. kde-pim does not offer an easy way to
> extract that or the message-ID.

How many Maildirs do you have?

and what does program:

akonadi_maildir_resource does?

Should it find e-mail?

Without Akonadi:
----------------

Solution may be simple without akonadi and external software.

It would be to provide main Maildir, then for program to find
submaildirs, and to find Message ID in every e-mail, and record it,
once per day, of course with e-mail file or folder location plus
Message ID. This is simple program and can be done in shell or Emacs
Lisp, collecting all Message IDs efficiently from every Maildir.

This program thus can be universal program, and then function can
decide how to open e-mail, and it is just fine opening e-mail in Emacs
as well.

Same program could be used to find e-mails by name or sender, or
recipient.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns