This is out of thread subject

From: Jean Louis
Subject: This is out of thread subject
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 19:48:47 +0300

* Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com> [2023-01-25 18:33]:
> I had in mind another person:
>
> Re: URLs with brackets not recognised. Wed, 12 May 2021 22:06:50 +0200.
> > I disagree. URLs are well-specified. Per RFC 3986, the characters
> > allowed in a URL are [A-Za-z0-9\-._~!$&'()*+,;=:@\/?]. Org mode should
> > implement proper URL detection, not asking its users "to give it some
> > hints" and using "a kind of heuristics". A string either is a valid URL
> > per the relevant RFCs or it is not.
>
> You probably decided that I was writing about
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=58774
> [WISH]: Let us make EWW browse WWW Org files correctly
>
> That is from my point of view is an excellent example how to bury a valid
> feature request "allow me to do" by aggressive demand "it must be by
> default" disregarding unresolved security issues and by adding more noise by
> discussion of unrelated stuff (should Org files have text/... or
> application/... mime type).
>
> Back to the topic, URI handling packages have incompatible features. It is
> the reason why users have to had explicit configuration.

I can't follow or understand you in everything above.

Purpose of community discussions is to yield with something
productive. Whatever I said in the first notion does not need to be
so, and I really don't mind when I see that discussion deviated from
the point.

I am not Don Quixote to fight mills for browser that few people use
and have decision making. EWW still cannot support customizable
content/types but I also do not find it hard to bypass it's functions.

At least there was "useful" (by irony) decision that "opening Org
files in Emacs is security risk" -- one big fricking LOL on
that. Emacs itself is security risk, as it is programming language and
security is measured by weakest chain.

Haven thanks Firefox developers did not complain on users setting
their own content types. Firefox can open Org content type and launch
Emacs on it, but Emacs "can't" as it is security risk.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman