Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 19:48:29 +0700

On 25/01/2023 00:32, Bruno Barbier wrote:

I'm using an extension for Thunderbird that allows to copy a direct link to a
message. I then paste it into a org file so that I can reopen the
message in one click:

    https://camiel.bouchier.be/en/cb_thunderlink

Perhaps I found this add-on too early. I had a look into its code and decided to find another way. Another point is that I prefer to have Message-ID in links not obscured. Fortunately I noticed the issue dedicated to "mid:" in the bug tracker.

Some minor inconveniences exist, but I do not plan to discard mid: links. E.g. I can easily convert links to messages in this list between mid: and https://list.orgmode.org/

I decided that it should be convenient to have links from thunderbird to my notes. A proof of concept:

https://github.com/maxnikulin/orco/

Max Nikulin to emacs-orgmode. Org Column in Thunderbird. Wed, 8 Jun 2022 20:11:33 +0700. https://list.orgmode.org/t7q766$m5k$1@ciao.gmane.io

If Message-ID still can be decoded from cb_thinderlink URIs than it should be possible adapt orco to handle such links as well.