orgmode website contributions to translations? -- Was: It's possible, to

From: Ruijie Yu
Subject: orgmode website contributions to translations? -- Was: It's possible, to translate the org-mode website into Spanish?
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 19:36:36 +0800

Antonio Simón <asim@posteo.net> writes:

> Greetings from Spain.
>
> I'm a newbie in the FOSS world and a big fan of Emacs and org-mode in which
> I'm taking my first steps.
>
> I have seen that the Org mode page is available in several languages, and
> Spanish is not one of them.
>
> I was thinking of contributing my time to the project by developing the
> Spanish version of the site, if you find it useful.
>
> If you accept this collaboration I would need a small list of the tools and
> procedures to use, to ensure that I'm competent with them.
>
> Thank you for your patience, I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> Regards,
>
> _______________________
> Antonio Simón (Quijote)

This intrigues me as well.  I would like to extend this question into a
more general one: how does one contribute translations to an existing
language, and/or to a new language?

Also, two small nitpicks:

1. The Japanese version has the following lines that are not translated:

> Install via GNU ELPA: M-x package-install RET org RET
> Download: git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs/org-mode.git
> Bug reports: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> Org project: https://sr.ht/~bzg/org

2. The English version does not have the equivalent snippet above.

Best,

RY